Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary of moving onto our little acre west of town. In some ways it seems like we have been here an eternity--in other ways it seems like things are still new.
It has been a really long time since I have been here in Blogland, so here is a little update:
John has been working really hard on our basement. It now has beautiful tile on the family room floor, texture and paint throughout most of it, and a wood stove. Next comes the trim and carpet...
Bethany and Todd are finishing up the semester at BYU-I and then going on tour with Dance Alliance to Texas for 2 weeks. They are doing well after their accident--just a little physical therapy for Bethany here and there.
Madi is the top high school clarinetest in the state of Idaho--she spent a few days last month in Seattle playing in the All-Northwest Band 2011--she was first of the 5 who were selected to attend from Idaho. All-Northwest includes Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.
Taylor is 12 now and attends Young Women's in our ward. Her favorite class at school is band--her instrument of choice is the baritone. She is hoping to spend a week with her cousins in Hailey this summer and attend Sun Valley Summer Music Workshop.
Elder Seth Hull will be 21 years old at the end of this month, and will spend his birthday with his companion and the wonderful people in Argentina. Hopefully he will get his birthday presents--the mail can be a little unreliable. He is in a place called Mercedes. Besides an occasional cockroach in his bed and a nasty bout with tonsillitis, we hear good news from him.
I have 2 and 1/2 weeks of school left. So ask me why I am updating my blog instead of doing my math homework? Well--of course I am procrastinating! I take being a student seriously, so I'm making sure I play the part well! Plus I have a little spring fever--imagine desiring to rake the dead grass out of my lawn! But here I am, homework sitting next to the laptop, trying to make myself endure to the end. I just have to keep reminding myself...in 3 weeks I will be free!
(To keep up the laundry, dishes, and all other general chores--by then I think my desire to rake will have worn off!)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Spring in Eastern Idaho...
Posted by mitzi at 5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 ...click here to say "Hi!":
It's nice to hear from you! I think we're all hoping for spring in what feels like the middle of winter. Good luck with your last two weeks of school!
Love you!
Hey Mitzi! Good to hear from you. It was fun to see you last month! Glad you guys are all doing well!
Post a Comment