
Whenever one of our teenagers does or says something unexplainable, we blame it on the fact that, "their frontal lobes have not developed yet."
Check out this conversation that I had as a substitute p.e. teacher at the middle school the other day...
before class started...
girl: "My cousin was in your last class."
me: "Really?"
girl: "Yah, I have lots of cousins..."
after class...
girl: "That kid over there is my cousin."
me: "You do have lots of cousins."
girl: "Yah, I have a couple of little ones that are babies, and then some that are, like, my age. My grandma's dead."
me: "Oh, I'm sorry."
girl: "And I have a kitten that is dead. And I have a kitten that is black. The black one is named Figaro. My sister named it after the kitten in Pinocchio."
with that statement, she turns and wanders off. Makes me wonder a little about middle school brains...
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Frontal Lobes...
Posted by mitzi at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 ...click here to say "Hi!":
oh my...
Ha ha... I can totally picture that conversation. So funny.
Are you sure you want to go into Elementary Ed? You do realize that most of those kids string their thoughts about that well.
You'll do great.
Post a Comment