Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A little of the holiday and forging into 2012...

Sitting at the bar in my kitchen, the warmth of the sun streaming through the window is almost uncomfortable.  I am munching on a little lime and cherry flavored popcorn (thank you Elise), and thinking about what I should type here.  I have been listening to Madi's collection of songs as I have been working around the house, and maybe I shouldn't do that because now I am sentimental and somewhat melancholy.  The kids are at school, John is at work, and today is the last day of my break before starting a new semester at BYU-I.

Seth will be coming home from Argentina in 28 days.

So the holiday is almost finished, and we are plunging into 2012 hoping for a great year.  Before I put Christmas 2011 to bed, I wanted to share a few photos.  We decided to pack up Christmas this year and take it to Boise.  Although I always felt that spending Christmas Eve and morning anywhere other than home would be too much work, it came together just fine and thanks to wonderful hosts, was great!

I have learned that I can go to school and accomplish the holidays in a satisfactory manner. (thank goodness for Amazon.com!)  Here is a sample of our Christmas in Boise:
Grandma Jean's tree

Christmas Eve with the Hull's



Christmas day with Bingham cousins


Grandma Sharon's tree



how Madi feels about her dad taking pictures with his new camera...

present mayhem with the Bingham's

Tweny-nine people and two little puppies in one room...




Garden A Glow at the Botanical Gardens, Old Penitentiary





My honey and I :-)

silly girls!



new Christmas cameras...




There is no snow here in Rigby--very weird.  That is what we get for complaining about the wet last year.  At least we were fortunate to not invest in ski passes for this season.  Tomorrow morning I will be off to Education Psychology and Literacy I.

1 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Jennie said...

Love Winter Garden A Glow! Looks like a fun Christmas in Boise. :)