If you don't already know, I love holidays. This is why I changed my blog background. I am always ready for fall, and what comes quickly after: CHRISTMAS TIME! When we were first married, I played Christmas music all year round. This bothered some people in my family, so now the rule that I try to obey is no holiday music until October. I do have a cd entitled "Ancient Noels" that I can play any time of the year and those who reside with me don't seem to catch on. I have to do this every once in a while just to get a little of that "Christmas rush" that helps me make it until October 1.
The holiday season officially begins the first day of October, when it is not socially unacceptable to have pumpkins and ghosts on your front step. It continues until about the second week of January, when John finally tells me that he is embarrassed to come home from work to find our outside Christmas lights on when everyone else has taken theirs down.
I put the Halloween decorations up the day I took John's birthday decorations down--so I only cheated a little bit this year (and I have only listened to one Christmas song so far!). I couldn't believe how much better I felt after I got them up. It was like this house just became home! Halloween decorations are the first official step of the holiday season. And today I am making applesauce. Tomorrow is supposed to be turning a little cooler. The leaves are beginning to turn orange and yellow. It is potato harvest time! Life is great!
2 ...click here to say "Hi!":
I am with you Miitzi, I LOVE the holiday season and this year I am so excited because Tatum will be old enough to get excited with me!
I love your new background and the song! We just picked pumpkins out of the garden today. Fall is really here!
Post a Comment