Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's a small world, after all...

This is a picture taken yesterday at the Madison XC meet. It was held in Rexburg at the golf course. The girls in this picture are Brianne Garner and Madison Hull. They just recently renewed their acquaintance in the past few weeks. The Garner's lived in our ward in Boise for a few years when these girls were a lot younger. They moved to Arizona, and then to Rexburg. Brad is teaching at BYU-I now.
When we moved to Rigby, we called up the Garners to say "Hi!" A few months later, I saw Carrie at a crosscountry meet in Idaho Falls. A couple weeks after that we got a phone call from Brad inviting us over for FHE. When John hung up the phone, Madi came out of her room and said, "Guess what! At the meet today I ran right next to this girl from Madison the whole time, and when we were through I looked over and it was that girl that used to be in our ward in Boise!"

Their paces seem to be about the same. So here they are again, friends in arch-rival uniforms. It can be like that in crosscountry, and I really like that.

1 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Elsie said...

Hi to all the Hulls. It was good to catch up with you. I will email and bring you up to date on the Osburn's exciting adventures (ha-ha)soon.