Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Flashback!

I need to have some Halloween closure. So here are a few pumpkin-carving photos:

We had an open house for our subdivision at our home on Halloween night. For it I made:

80 frosted sugar cookies (50 ghosts and 30 pumpkins)
90 carmel apples (with a choice of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts)
100 maple bars (yes, homemade!)
spiced apple cider

Our neighbor brought ingredients for homemade rootbeer, which was soon bubbling and brewing. We put in "Hocus Pocus" for the kids downstairs, and sent bags of microwave popcorn down periodically. Although I significantly over made goodies (I invited 75+, so I just wanted to make sure there was enough!), it was a great success. A little too sweet, however. Next year I think we will do the maple bars, rootbeer, and maybe add some nachos--we are big fans of Mexican food at our house.

3 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Paige said...

Sounds so fun! Homemade maple bars? Wow! I need that recipe. Sounds like everyone had a great Halloween.

sariah said...

Wow Mitzi! That sounds like you had a yummy night but a lot of work on your part. You and Paige really got creative with Halloween. I'm afraid we just did the normal- go to the ward trunk or treat and a few homes. ZZZZZZZ

Melissa said...

Man! That sounded like fun. I wish I were there!!! I am excited to see you in a few weeks!!!