I was the P.E. teacher. I had P.E. with every child in Roberts who was under the age of 11 and over the age of 5. It is 5 miles from my house to Menan, and then 7 miles from Menan to Roberts. I wasn't sure I wanted to sub that far away...but I accidentally said "yes" (I have subbed for this teacher before at Midway in Menan--I didn't know she spent Mondays in Roberts) and so I instructed Taylor to leave for school at 8:00, and I left at 7:50am down highway 48 to find Roberts Elementary School. The fields were golden all around, and as I crossed the Snake River, I noticed the ruby red willow branches lining its banks. The air was crisp and the clouds were low.
"We are 2000 ft. closer to the clouds here in Rigby," John explained to the girls on the way home from church yesterday.
"Could we build a ladder high enough to touch them?" Madi asked jokingly.
"We all know what happened to the people who tried to build a tower to heaven," John replied, "but we could drive up a mountain into them if we want to."
The drive was beautiful. I wouldn't mind subbing in Roberts again. Until the snow flies, anyway.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Today in Roberts, ID...
Posted by mitzi at 4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 ...click here to say "Hi!":
Nicely written. And your sleeping beauty on your sidebar is gorgeous!
Post a Comment