Taylor, Bethany and I (Madi says she can't join us because it would be way too easy for her--although she was aching head to toe yesterday from playing ultimate frisbee Saturday) have been trying to get up before school and exercise. We are doing a program Bethany found called "Couch to 5K", which starts out really slow and works you up to 3 miles. If we get up 3 days a week and do it, we reward ourselves with a "healthy" treat (I think we are going for fruit smoothies).This morning during our workout we went all the way down to the ditch bank at the back of our neighborhood, and what did we find? You guessed it--asparagus!
So I finished my little run with an asparagus torch, just like a real olympian. I even got to the stop sign first. "Couch to 5K with asparagus"--I think it might become the new, popular thing to do...
2 ...click here to say "Hi!":
Wild asparagus, how fun! That's an appropriate healthy treat to go with your running! :-)
I have heard a lot of great things about that couch to 5k program. I bet you'll love it.
Post a Comment