Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Late Birthday to my little brother!

Yesterday was my brother Parley's 38th birthday! Since our family was returning from a weekend jaunt in Yellowstone of animal-watching
(I will post a slide show asap),
I didn't get to this until today.

Thirty-eight years ago on Mother's Day, I woke up early in the morning to give my mom the present I had made for her at kindergarten. I wandered through the kitchen to the bathroom where she always did her hair before church. To my surprise, I found my grandma in there instead of my mom.
She told me that my mom was at the hospital and that I had a new baby brother.

She took us (Natalie, Nathan, and me) to her house and we went to her church that day. In my Sunday school class we made cards for our mothers. But I didn't see my mom for a couple more days.Parley--I think about 2 mos. old

My dad brought her and my new brother to come pick us up at Grandma's.
This was the first time I met him. I wanted to post the picture of me holding him on that day, but I guess I don't have a copy of it. I took that picture to school with me for show and tell.

He has always been a pretty cool brother. And now he is a really cool dad. With 5 kids (including 4 year old twins), a new business, and a house that needs siding, he keeps himself plenty busy. But I can call him any time, and he'll help me out best he can. I miss him a lot since we've moved away.
Happy Birthday Parley!
I love you!

4 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Laura said...

He was so cute! He still is. Just so you know, he laughed out loud about the siding. Yeah, we really need to finish siding our house.

Love you lots and miss you too!

Melissa said...

He was pretty cute baby and he was (and probably still is) the nicest of the brothers! ;) Happy Birthday Parley!

ManicMandee said...

I love that baby picture of him. I've always been impressed with all that him and Laura do. Great people.

Pierson family said...

Mitzi,

One little question. Do you have any ideas on fixing a hole in the middle of a dress? I worked so hard on Emma's dress, and within a couple of hours, there was a hole in the middle of the dress. She got it caught in a chair at church and I'm sure she pulled to get it loose. Anyway she hasn't worn it since. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks, Rhonda