Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Earwigs...

(internet photo)
...have invaded our acre! Madi is sure one of them was 2" long! They are pouring out of the ground when weeds are pulled, they are hiding in our laundry baskets, they jump out at us when we least expect it. They hang from the ceiling and fall on us when we walk under them. We took some of them to Cascade with us--they were stow-aways in an open hamburger bun bag.
They are immune to the poison
John bought to spread around our house...

h e l p !

(internet artwork)
(makes all of you want
to come visit, huh?)

4 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Laura said...

Uhm, yes, I still want to visit. Maybe when it gets a little colder...

ManicMandee said...

Earwigs are the equivalent to cockroaches. Nasty!

McCarrey said...

Yikes! I'm sorry for the invasion. We didn't see any when we visited. And yes, we would visit again-I am bigger than an earwig-and I have a big shoe! HE HE :) Hang in there, cooler weather will be here before we know it!

sariah said...

I'm sorry! We used to have that problem too in our house in town. I always thought it was because it was an older home, but yours is brand new....