Seth graduated from Boise High School May 27. We were able to go to Boise for Memorial Day weekend. Even Bethany surprised us by showing up. It was fun to be all together. We hopped in the car(s) and spent a night at Bruneau Sand Dunes State Park. We took a couple of friends with us--Holger and Nora.
Watch this for a splash!
Seth is working almost full-time at Journeys here in Rigby. He works with developmentally disabled individuals helping them to achieve goals. He found an ultimate frisbee team to play with in Idaho Falls, and has been doing that a couple times a week.
Madi has been busy with summer band and a little babysitting. She marched in the Jefferson County Stampede Days parade a couple of weeks ago, and tomorrow morning she will march in the Menan 4th of July parade. She turned 14 and went to her first stake dance. In her own words, "It was amazing!"
Taylor is making new friends and learning to work in the yard. She is very good at weeding and raking now. We have taken a couple of trips to Rigby Lake and she is still an excellent swimmer.
Bethany is working 2 jobs in Provo this summer--one at the archaeology/ethnology museum on campus, and one at a Mexican restaurant. She has immersed herself in Spanish to learn the language more quickly--she has moved into an apartment half-filled with Spanish-speaking returned missionaries and instructed them to only speak to her in Spanish. She is planning on the fall semester at BYU where she will be the teachers aid for the Spanish dance class, and also dance with a folk dance team. She is preparing to serve a mission as soon as she turns 21 (Jan. 1, 2009).
I'm going to give it a try! I've found a place to rent, I have some interested people--I guess it is a go! In September, yellowstone clogging company STAMPEDE! will begin. Take a look at my website http://yellowstonecloggingcompany.cabanova.com/ to see what I've been up to!
4 ...click here to say "Hi!":
Mitzi...It's such a treat to "peek" in on your family! Sounds like you all are doing well. I'm sooo excited about your new studio! Good luck and we will be in touch soon. Take care..Paige
Wow, I want to come visit. I miss you too. Your clogging logo looks great and so does your website. I think it is awsome that you are going to teach again. You are do great at everything you do, you inspire me :)
Wow! You guys are some busy kids. Love all the pictures.
In response to Mel's blog- I am trying to get some small jobs here and there so I can develop a solid portfolio. I have had 2 charged shoots (a wedding, and family portraits) I would like to do more- with time. I am going to set up a blog when I get more photos. As for studio lighting- I actually ordered a studio light on ebay- it is little and clamps onto your tripod or whatever. It seemed to work pretty well (I used my camera flash as well) The ones of the girls I just used a big piece of black fabric and a pillow in my living room and we made it work. :-) Fun fun!
Such a flattering picture of me....
Post a Comment