Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Yesterday !

Yesterday was my sister Natalie's birthday. No, I didn't forget. For most of the day, anyway. I remembered all day while I knew she was in school (she is a high school art teacher). I even called my daughter who was visiting Boise to see if she was going to be there long enough to deliver something to her--but she was leaving to come back here to Rigby in 15 minutes, so that didn't work out. However, by the time Natalie would have been home from school--yes, then I forgot. Until I went to bed. Yah, I blew it. But since she is just 2 years younger than I , I think she will understand about the forgetting thing. Well, at least in a couple of years she will.

My sister Natalie is an amazing person. Just ask her students, her daughters, anyone. She has accomplished so much, and is the kind of friend to those around her who is always there. I love her so much, and think of her all the time.

No, I don't call her as often as I should or as often as I want to. But I know if I need her that she is there to listen.I hope her birthday was as good as a birthday can be when it is one of the first days of school. It always works out that way for her. She doesn't have the luxury of having the day for herself.

And I promise to call really soon, Nat!
Happy Belated Birthday!

1 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Melissa said...

I second that! Natalie we love you!!!