We'll call this one Success! Or at least Some Success at Normality. Or 3rd Time's a Charm.
You can pick your own title.
This last Friday night I succeeded in riding the chairlift 6 times without any mishap, and one time I even made it all the way down the hill without falling down once! Of course I had to end the night with a huge crash and my legendary "slide down the bottom 50 ft of the mountain on my back--skis dragging behind" maneuver. This time I made it a little more memorable by losing one of my poles along the way (thank you, jr. high snowboarder, for flicking my pole towards me on your way down!)
So I have achieved a certain level of normality in my skiing endeavor. I am now just a normal beginner, instead of an embarrassment.
Seth came home for the weekend (he had President's Day off) and he spent his time working on a project for a class. He was required to create a work of art. He decided to make a working work of art--an instrument. He is creating a harp guitar.
Or a guitar harp.
Whatever you call it, it is pretty cool.
(He did all of it himself--part of it is tongue depressors with wire wrapped between them.)
He attached it to his amp and it works!
It isn't completely finished, but he was actually playing songs on the guitar part of it on Monday night. He promised me he would do a You Tube video of himself playing it after it is finished.
Then I can post it here for you.
Until that time rolls around, here is his first You Tube video. He filmed it with the web cam on his lap top. (They require lap tops at BYU-I; okay, they don't require them, but they STRONGLY URGE students to have one) The sound doesn't always match the picture; but it is kind of fun to watch anyhow! He is playing his guitar and singing a song he wrote himself.
2 ...click here to say "Hi!":
dog gone it, my speakers aren't working right now for some reason and I can't hear Seth's song. I'll have to check back again later. That is so cool he made that harp guitar!!! Wow!
And grats on your success with skiing.
Ok. I heard it and it was cute!!!
Post a Comment