Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to both of my moms!

Today is both my mom's birthday and John's mom's birthday. I think this is a somewhat unique situation. The advantage is that I only have to remember one day--February 6. The disadvantage is that usually I am not creative enough to come up with 2 separate ideas for gifts (sorry Mom and Jean), and I hope they don't mind. By the way, watch for something coming in the mail! It probably won't make it there by today.
I wanted to post of few pictures of and say a few words about the most important women in my life. And of course I need to start with my own mother.

My mom, Sharon, is a wonderful, kind caregiver. She has always been there for me. Even in high school I wasn't afraid to share my life with her. I could always count on her. I was fortunate to have her be home for me when I was growing up. Even now, when I call home, I expect she'll be there. And when she isn't, it kind of throws me off.

.MY MOM--DON'T YOU JUST LOVE HER SMILE!

She has always been a person who wanted to take care of those who needed her. When she was growing up, her mom always had to check her pockets before washing her clothes because she would keep her pet worms in there.

. My mom was the 2nd child of 7. These are a few of her siblings. It has been a blessing in my life to know and be part of this family.
. She has always been a great example of hard work and service. She is wonderfully creative. Because of her I have my love of sewing and doing. Her patience is endless. She raised 6 children to be decent and compassionate adults. She loves her children and her grandchildren with all of her heart. Some grandchildren can hardly bare to be separated from her. I love her and wouldn't trade her for any other mother.
Happy Birthday, Mom!



John's mom, Jean, has been a go-getter from the day she was born.
.
She was the baby of the family, and the only girl. Her mom said that she had to send her to school early because Jean drove her crazy. She wouldn't go and play like most kids, she always "wanted to do something really." By the time she was 4 years old she could completely clean the kitchen: dishes, counters, floors, everything!
.I have never seen anyone work harder or faster than my mother-in-law, Jean. It is amazing! She can do more in a day than I can do in a week! She loves to travel and "do things really." It is fun to be with her.
. She has taught me so much in the last 23 years, and she has loved, accepted and included me as one of her children since before I shared her last name. I love her and am proud to be part of her family.
Happy Birthday, Jean!
.

1 ...click here to say "Hi!":

ManicMandee said...

What a COOL post! And your mother in-law as a little girl looks like Bethany. Seriously!
And your mom sure was a hottie. (Was that bad of me to say?)