Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To be continued...my first ski trip!

Well, yes, I did survive my first attempt at skiing. And I am wimpy--I admit it. I have pretty much mastered the bunny hill, including the rope tow (I didn't fall down once!), and upon seeing this my sweet hubby, who wanted to increase my fun level, talked me into going on the chairlift and up the mountain. I was pretty nervous, but peer pressure got the best of me (Everybody's doing it...) and I got on...and fell off at the end, causing concern among those around me that there would soon be a pile up. They (strangers included) succeeded in turning me upright, and then John tried carefully lead me back and forth across the hillside. But to go back and forth you have to be able to turn, which I skill I lacked.
.
After many crashes, I did start to be able to make about 50% of my turns without ending up on my back. But my biggest problem is my fear of SPEED. Which I knew was going to be a problem from the first place, 'cause I don't even like to go sledding very fast. And it is hard to ski down an incline without going at a somewhat quick pace. So...
.
I have determined that I need to practice going as fast as I can down the bunny hill so I can get used to the feel. And I need to practice being able to get back up on my own. It is embarrassing being stuck all of the time.
.
Total change of subject---I have ordered sweatshirts for my little clogging group and this is the logo.
.

I am kind of excited...okay alot excited! We'll look like an actual team when we go somewhere to perform.


3 ...click here to say "Hi!":

ManicMandee said...

Great job on your skiing!
And I think the shirts are awesome.

Bethany Hull said...

I'm glad you finally figured out how to space the letters. :)

sariah said...

I love your logo and studio name! You guys are going to look great. :-)