Friday, April 10, 2009

...and how was your Friday?

I started out my day calling every windshield replacement shop between here and Idaho Falls. After finding the best deal, I made an appointment and struck out on my errand to fix up our "kid car" (Bethany's coming home, Madi's taking driver's ed, etc.). It only took an hour to get the windshield replaced (I hemmed Madi's easter dress while I was waiting) and things were looking pretty rosy. I then preceded on the Sam's club to replace the tires.

At Sam's club the wait was an hour and a half. Not too bad. I had a piece of pizza and a rootbeer, and then wandered around the store, shopping for this weekend (my mom and dad are coming to visit) and putting things into my cart, then changing my mind and putting them back. I managed to take up the whole hour and 1/2 doing this.

I paid for my groceries, and headed to the credit union to deposit checks from clogging classes. On my way home my phone rang--my kids. As I was hearing about what was going on, I preceded through the stop light at the corner of Hitt and Yellowstone. All of a sudden a rock flew up and smacked my new windshield on the driver's side, leaving a nice dime-size rock chip.
.

A rock chip!!!

In my new windshield!!!

I pulled into the corner gas station, exclaiming about what happened to Seth. I said good bye and turned back around, heading back to the Glass Doctor. They said that I set a new record for visits in one day.

4 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Anonymous said...

My friday was awesome!

sariah said...

Oh Mitzi! How frustrating!! Joel and I vowed not to buy a new windshield until our current one actually caves in because we think new windshields attract rocks like a magnet. As soon as we got our last our last windshield, we had a 3 or 4 chips and a huge crack within a month. (They chip-sealed our road the same summer we got a new windshield.)

Melissa said...

HI Mitzi!!! Happy Birthday! I have tried to call a couple of times today to wish you a wonderful day! I love you!

ManicMandee said...

Madi in drivers ed!!! Wow.
Our windsheild is a mess. We have needed to replace it forever. That photo you took of the chip was actually quite artistic.