Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WEEDS...

Now I remember why I was thankful when the snow came last fall...

I don't know if we can conquer this acre--and voles ate the bark off of the bottom of some of our poplars.
This is what they do for fun all winter.
(what alot of our grass looked like when the snow left)

That's what we get for buying a home built in an alfalfa field.

But who is complaining?

(okay, I guess I am a little)

4 ...click here to say "Hi!":

Laura said...

Weed and Feed? I'm sure it won't take long to tame the land. Or at least mow the weeds once they've grown up a little more. My neighbor hires someone to spray his pasture.

Get a horse? Maybe a cow. Are you into goats? They'll even eat your trash.

mitzi said...

Our neighborhood has covenants. We are not allowed to have any kind of farm animals. And we don't have the whole thing planted yet, so we have lots of just plain old dirt for weeds to grow in. We are going to plant the back part that doesn't have lawn in pasture grass--but we have to take out the weeds FIRST. I'll be getting a really great farmer's tan this summer.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that stinks.

ManicMandee said...

Voles- Yikes. I have the heebie jeebies.